GPS allows you to navigate around, play location-based games, set geofencing, or even locate your iPhone from other devices. However, some apps or services may use the location to limit the features or accessibility in certain regions, rendering them useless for many people. This is where Dr. Fone’s Virtual Location comes to the rescue by letting you spoof and simulate a different location on iOS. In this article, let’s see exactly what Dr. Fone Virtual Location is and how to use it to spoof your GPS location on your iPhone.
What is Dr. Fone Virtual Location? What Does it Do?
Dr. Fone Virtual Location is an iOS-focused software that allows you to change your GPS location when required. GPS Spoofing happens when you alter or tweak your location data to make the device appear in a different location or time zone.
You can use the tool to enter and move around any location on your iPhone virtually. And consequently, you can access all the restricted apps, play location-based games without moving from your place, and even hide your actual location from others.
Here are the key features of Dr. Fone Virtual Location:
- Spoof iOS location to anywhere in the world.
- Virtually simulate iPhone location across a selected route and speed.
- Flexibility to move location with a joystick.
- Unblock restricted apps, websites, and other content in your region.
- Import / Export GPX file to save created routes.
- Trick location-based apps and games without moving out.
- Support location management of up to 5 devices.
What Exactly Can Dr.Fone Virtual Location Do for You?
You may want to spoof your iPhone or iPad location for various reasons. This may include:
- Trick Location in Games: Simulate movement in location-based games like Pokemon Go, Ingress Prime, Zombies, Run !, Minecraft Earth, Wizards Unite, and more without moving out of your house. Cool hack to protect yourself from Covid and Sun.
- Mock Location in Social Media or Dating Apps: Make yourself appear in Sri Lanka while sitting in California on Snapchat. Or explore dating apps like Tinder, Hinge, or Bumble in other cities without moving out. Sounds cool, right?
- Unblock Apps and Websites: Download apps and access websites not available in your region- the VPN job.
- Watch OTT from Other Regions: Watch Netflix and Prime Video shows not available in your region.
- Trick your friends, family, or boss: Trick your family into thinking you’re far away by checking in a restaurant, hotel, or country. Or make them think you’re driving or on the way by sending a spoofed live location on WhatsApp, Telegramor other apps.
- For location-based testing: If you are a developer or web publisher who wants to test your app or website in a different region.
- Enhance Security and Privacy: Hide your real location from social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagrametc.
Fake iPhone GPS Location Using Dr. Fone Virtual Location
Steps to Set a Different Virtual Location on iOS
1. To begin with, download and install Dr. Fone Virtual Location iOS on your Mac or Windows PC.
2. Once installed, open Dr. Fone on the PC and click on Virtual Location.
3. Click Get Started once the Virtual Location popup opens.
4. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using a compatible USB cable. Unlock and tap Trust Device if required.
5. Select your iPhone once detected.
6. Use the search bar to search the location you want to teleport your iPhone. Select the location from the suggestions.
7. Select the marker and tap Move Here.
8. Accept the warnings and tap Still Move.
Your iPhone GPS location will be spoofed to the new virtual location. You can use the joystick at the bottom left to move around places at your new location.
The new location will reflect in Google Maps, Snapchat, etc. You can even google search “What’s my location?” or check third-party sites to see your mock location being served to websites, apps, and services on your iPhone.
Steps to Simulate Movement Between Two / Multiple Fake Locations
You can also move your location between two locations at the speed of your choice. Here’s how to do it:
1. Click the one-stop mode by tapping the third icon in the upper right.
2. Select the spot on Map. The popup box will tell you how far it is.
3. Tap Move Here and set how many times you want to go back and forth between the two places.
4. Drag the slider to select how fast you want to walk. Then click March.
5. Your location will now start moving at the desired speed.
You can change the speed throughout the journey using the given slider. The real-time moving location will reflect across all apps on your iPhone, including Google and Apple Maps.
Our Experience With Dr. Fone – Virtual Location (iOS)
We used Dr. Fone Virtual Location to spoof our iPhone 13’s GPS to California instead of the original location in India. It worked well, and the new location is reflected across all apps on the device, including Google & Apple Maps, Snapchat, and even websites in Chrome and Safari.
We also tried to simulate the location movement from one street to the other. It followed the correct route and moved at the selected speed without any glitches. The location would move in Google Maps as if you’re walking or driving for real.
I pulled up WhatsApp and sent a simulated live location to my family, making them believe that I was on my way home. Similarly, I tricked friends on Snapchat into believing that I was enjoying a vacation in Ontario.
And then came one of the best use cases, where I could buy a railway platform ticket without coping with the location restrictions that would not allow me to do so unless I was a certain distance away from the station.
The user interface is very intuitive, feels quite polished, and can be used by anyone with a basic knowledge of computers. We did not face any issue except for the one-time glitch where it simply hung and required to be closed and reopened.
Pricing & Compatibility
Dr. Fone Virtual Location iOS is compatible with all iPhones, including the latest iPhone 13, followed by iPad models and iPod Touch. It can be used on the following operating systems:
- Windows: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, XP, Vista
- Mac: macOS High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, and later
The software comes with a free 2-hour trial. You can use it and check all the features to decide if it’s worth buying. Those interested in buying the full version can buy it monthly, quarterly, or yearly subscriptions.
- Free Trial: $ 0 for 2 hours
- Monthly: $ 9.95 / month for Windows; 12.95 / month for Mac
- Quarterly: $ 6.66 / month for Windows, $ 8.31 / month for Mac
- Yearly: $ 4.99 / month for Windows, $ 5.82 / month for Mac
Each subscription supports one PC and location management for up to five devices.
Questions Around Dr. Fone Virtual Location
1. How is Dr. Fone Virtual Location Different from VPN?
A VPN lets you switch to a different country by masking your IP address and redirecting your traffic. However, Dr. Fone Virtual Location not only lets you change your country but also select the exact pin-point location. You can even simulate movement between two locations at your desired speed.
2. What Happens When You Disconnect iPhone from PC?
If you changed the location using Dr. Fone and then disconnected your iPhone from your PC, the virtual location will stay active across all apps. However, if you simulate a movement, it will stop when the devices are disconnected.
3. How to Revert to Original GPS Location?
To revert to the original GPS location, restart your iPhone. Press and hold the Side + Volume button and slide the power button. Once it turns off, long press the side button again.
4. Does it Spoof Location in Apple Apps?
Yes, Dr. Fone Virtual Location spoofs your location even for Apple apps, including Find My Friends.
5. Does Dr. Fone Virtual Location Jailbreak the iPhone?
No. The Dr. Fone Virtual Location does not jailbreak or modify your iPhone firmware. All it does is create and simulate a virtual location.
6. Is Dr. Fone Virtual Location iOS Safe?
Yes, the Dr. Fone Virtual Location tool is safe to run on your computer. It’s also safe for your iPhone as it does not install any other application or jailbreak the device.
7. Will I Get Banned For Using Dr. Fone Virtual Location in Games?
Dr. Fone says you won’t be banned from location-based games like Pokemon Go for using Virtual Location. However, we’d advise keeping your pace under limits and not moving too fast to avoid warnings.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.