Did you know that Facebook collects over 32 different types of data from its users? Scary, right? If you are someone like me who is super-concerned about his privacy and search histories, you’ve landed at the perfect spot. In this reading, I have demonstrated four effective ways to delete Facebook search history on PC, Android, and iPhone. In addition, you can check out these 11 hidden settings on Facebook to make it more secure for you.
Ways To Delete Facebook Search History
Delete Facebook Search History on PC
If you’re browsing Facebook using your PC or Desktop and wish to clear your search historythen you can follow these 2 effective methods to achieve the same.
Using Search Bar
1. Open Facebook in a new tab on your web browser and click on the search bar located next to the Facebook logo at the top-left corner.
2. Next, click on the Edit button to manage all searches.
3. You can now view the chronological list of all the searched terms on this page. Click on the three-dot icon next to the individual search that you wish to delete and press the Delete option.
4. Alternatively, you can click on the Clear Searches button at the top to remove the entire search history from your Facebook account.
Using Facebook Settings
In addition to the search bar method, you can also remove search history from your Facebook account by accessing its settings. Here’s how:
1. Click on your profile icon in the top-right corner to accessSettings and Privacy.
2. Next, click on Settings to configure your Facebook account.
3. Expand the ‘Your Facebook Information‘ tab in the left sidebar and click on the View button in front of the Activity Log option.
4. Next, click on Search History to view all the searches you’ve made on your Facebook account.
5. Here you can click on the Clear Searches button at the top-right corner to remove the entire search history.
6. Alternatively, you can click on the three-dot icon to delete a searched term individually.
Delete Facebook Search History on Android Phones
Similar to PC, you can delete the selective or entire search history of yours Facebook account using your Android phone. Here’s how to get it done:
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on it Search icon located in the top-right corner.
2. Next, tap on the See all button to view your entire Facebook search history.
3. Further, tap on the X icon next to an individual Facebook search to delete it.
4. You can also tap on the Clear All button in the top-right corner to remove your entire Facebook search history.
5. Alternatively, tap on the three-bar icon below the messenger shortcut and press the Gear icon to access your account settings.
6. Scroll down to the bottom to locate the Activity Log and expand the ‘Logged Actions and Other Activity section on the next page by pressing the down arrow button.
7. Click on the Search History option and press the ‘Clear Searches’ button to delete your entire Facebook search history.
Clear Facebook Search History on iPhones
1. Tap on the Menu tab in the bottom-right corner and press the Gear icon on the next page to access your account settings.
2. Scroll down to the bottom to locate Activity Log under the ‘Your Information’ section.
3. Next, tap on the down arrow next to ‘Logged Actions and Other Activity’ and press Search History to configure it.
4. Tap on the three-dot icon next to an individual Facebook search to delete it.
5. Alternatively, you can tap on the Clear Searches button to delete your entire Facebook search history.
6. Similarly, you can tap on the search icon at your homepage to remove all the searches by pressing the clear all button.
Remove Activity Search History from Facebook on Smartphones
Besides your search history, Facebook keeps a record of all your activities on your account including likes, comments, shares, etc. If you wish to take control of it and remove some of your activities from your account, then you can get it done with these easy steps:
1. Tap on the three-bar menu to locate the gear icon for accessing your account settings.
2. Scroll down to the bottom to press Activity Log to configure it.
3. Next, swipe down to the bottom to locate and press the View Activity History button.
4. You can now view a chronological list of all your Facebook activities on your account.
5. To delete an activity, tap on the three-dot icon and press the Undo/Unlike/Remove option to remove your action.
Bonus Tip: Delete Videos Watched or Searched on Facebook Profile
If you watch a lot of videos on Facebook and don’t wish anyone else to find your watch history, then you can delete it conveniently by following these simple steps:
1. Access Activity Log under ‘Your Information Section’ in your Facebook Settings.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and expand ‘Logged Actions and Other Activity’.
3. Tap on theVideos you’ve watchedoption to view the list of all your watched Facebook videos in chronological order.
4. Next, tap on the three-dot icon next to a watch history to remove it by pressing the delete button.
5. Similarly, you can remove your video search history by accessing the ‘Videos you’ve searched‘ option.
Q1: Can I delete Facebook search history on Android phones?
Yesyou can conveniently delete the selective or entire search history of your Facebook account on Android phones using the steps listed above.
Q2: How to clear Facebook search suggestions?
You can either use the search bar or access account settings to clear your Facebook search suggestions.
Q3: Can you clear Facebook search suggestions without signing in to your account?
Noyou can’t clear your Facebook search suggestions without signing in to your account.
Q4: How long do “Recent Searches” stay on Facebook?
Facebook keeps an entire history of all the activities on your profile as long as your account exists. You can view them in a chronological sequence by accessing your account settings.
Q5: Can I recover Facebook search history once deleted?
Once your search history is deleted, you can find them for a limited time inside the Trash section. However, if you have cleared your trash already, then there is no way to recover your past search results.
Wrapping Up: Tying Up Digital Loose Ends
So, that’s all for the top 4 ways to delete Facebook search history on your profile across various devices. If this explainer has helped you to safeguard your privacy on Facebook, then hit the Like button and share this read with your loved ones to make them aware of these nifty methods. Subscribe to GadgetsToUse for more informative tips and tricks.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.